What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored on the terminal equipment of an Internet user. The cookie is installed through the request issued by a web server to a browser (eg: Internet Explorer, Chrome) and does not contain software programs, viruses or spyware, having no access to the information on the user’s hard drive. These files enable the recognition of the user’s equipment and the proper display of the Internet page, adapted to the user’s individual preferences.
The role of cookies
Cookies are used to provide users of this website with a better browsing experience and services adapted to the needs and interests of each individual user, namely to:
- Adapt the presentation and display of the site according to your preferences (language, resolution, currency, etc.)
- Provides anonymous statistics that allow us to improve the structure and content of the site so that we can provide you with the information you need.
- Ensure web security measures.
Cookies used on the website
The website www.aateq.com uses two types of cookies:
per session and fixed.
Cookies per session are temporary files that are installed in your terminal during your visit to our website and until you close the session or the browser used.
Persistent cookies remain in the terminal used by you for a longer period of time, depending on their parameters or until they are manually deleted by you.
How cookies are used
Your visit to www.aateq.com may install cookies for us to analyze:
- site performance;
- your registration (log in, newsletter, etc.);
- your user profile;
- your location, for the purpose of geographic targeting;
- But also to be able to deliver you personalized advertising content.
Do cookies record and/or contain personal data?
Blocking or disabling Cookies may make some sites unusable or significantly limit your web experience. Blocking or deactivating cookies does not mean that advertising messages will no longer be delivered to you, but that the web pages you are on will no longer offer you an experience adapted to your type of behavior and your preferences.
To understand these settings, the following links may be useful:
Why are cookies important?
Cookies are important for the efficient functioning of the Internet, in the interest of the user, because they contribute to creating a simple and personalized web browsing experience according to the interests, preferences and behavior of each user.
Cookie files e are important for:
- Content and services tailored to your preferences – categories of products and services.
- Offers tailored to your interests – password retention – if you opt for this functionality.
- Retention of child protection filters on web content (family mode options, safe search functions).
- Limiting the frequency of delivery of advertising messages – limiting the number of times an advertisement is displayed for a specific user on a site.
- Providing relevant advertising based on the user.
- Measuring, optimizing and recording data related to website performance – statistics related to traffic, content viewed. This information is important for improving users’ web experience.
Web Security and Privacy
Cookie files are NOT viruses and do not collect personal data.
However, cookies can be used to the detriment of users by Spyware programs. Because they store information about users’ preferences and browsing history, cookies can be used as a form of Spyware. The role of anti-spyware applications is to flag cookies for deletion during anti-virus/anti-spyware scanning procedures.
Browsers have built-in privacy settings that offer different levels of cookie acceptance – such as validity period and automatic deletion at the end of a web session.
Tips for safe web browsing
That is why we offer you some tips to ensure a safe web browsing, by means of Cookies.
- Customize your browser settings regarding Cookies.
- If you are the only user of the terminal, you can set expiration dates for extended Cookies.
- If you are not the only terminal user, consider deleting individual browsing data each time you close the browser.
- Install anti-spyware applications and keep them up-to-date.